CARING FOR YOUR CANDLE
Read these tips below to maximise the life and quality of your candle
- NEVER burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- Always place your candle on a stable, heat resistant surface, and away from any flammable items such as curtains, books, paper, clothes etc.
- NEVER leave your candle unattended or in reach of children or pets
- Trim the wick of the candle every time before burning it
- Do not burn a candle if the jar or base is cracked, chipped or showing any signs of damage
- If your candle jar or base cracks while it is burning, extinguish the flame and allow it to cool by itself. Once the wax and jar have cooled, dispose of it carefully
- When multiple candles are being burned, place them at least 15cm apart
BURNING YOUR CANDLE
- Always burn your candle long enough so that the melted wax pool reaches the edge of the jar
- This will assist in an even candle burn and will prolong the life of your candle, and prevent tunnelling of the wax
TRIM YOUR WICK
- Always keep your candle wick trimmed at 5mm
- Trim the wick of your candle every time before you light it
EXTINGUISHING YOUR CANDLE
- Extinguishing your candle with a snuffer is the safest and best way to put out your candle as it prevents the wick from moving and the wax from spilling
- Simply blow out the flame and ensure that no embers remain. Ensure you leave your candle on a flat surface after extinguishing as the melted wax can be a hazard.
BLACKENED INSIDE OF JAR
- The jar of a candle may become blackened if you do not keep your wick trimmed to 5mm at all times.
- By burning your candle for more than 4 hours at a time, the wick will become longer and this is when the jar will start to blacken.
- To remove the black marks on the inside of the glass, first ensure the candle wax is cooled and so is the glass. Simply wipe the blackened marks away with a dry tissue or paper towel.
STORING YOUR CANDLE
- Whenever you candle is not being burned, ensure the lid or cover is placed over the jar/wax to ensure that the candle does not accumulate dust on it's surface
- Dust/debris on the surface of the candle will contaminate the wax, making it discolour and also when the wax melts the dust/debris will melt into the wax.
This can also become a fire hazard as the wick's flame could catch alight to the dust
- Coving your candle will ensure that the scent remains strong and even throughout the candle, ensuring its maximum life